• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I convert rental property?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? PA

I own a home that I rent out to a tenant who is not paying her rent on time. She has agreed to allow me to put a for sale sign up before her lease is up in February, however, I myself am having some financial difficulties and need to sell my own home. The rental property does not have a mortgage. I want to move into the rental property as my primary residence and it is registered in my business name. How do I and can I convert the deed to my name?

HomeGuru

sunshinee50 said:
What is the name of your state? PA

I own a home that I rent out to a tenant who is not paying her rent on time.

**A: you are the owner so evict.
She has agreed to allow me to put a for sale sign up before her lease is up in February,

**A: you do not need tenant's permission to sell the property or market/advertise via for sale signs on the property etc.

however, I myself am having some financial difficulties and need to sell my own home. The rental property does not have a mortgage. I want to move into the rental property as my primary residence and it is registered in my business name.

**A: you can't move in until the tenant moves out. And registration has nothing to do with the deed.

How do I and can I convert the deed to my name?
**A: you need an attorney for several reasons.

Thanks for the response. I didn't know if maybe it was as simple as selling it to myself for a dollar, but I will consult an attorney. Thanks again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">