• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Help-denied job because I'm Jewish

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gevernola

What is the name of your state? Louisiana, incident occured in Indiana

I need to find a lawyer who specializes in employment discrimination law in New Orleans. I went up north to Indiana after Katrina and interviewed for a job for which I was well-qualified for as a sales rep for Anheuser-Busch and during the interview (which was going great up to this point) the GM said "I know this is illegal to ask, but are you a Jew?" to which I replied yes, and he then proceeded to tell me that it would be a problem then for the company to hire me as I would "be dealing with rednecks." I have already filed a complaint with the EEOC in Indiana, and since I have come back home to NOLA to help rebuild our city I need to find a lawyer here that will help me go after these guys with a civil lawsuit.
Thanks!!!! Brian

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Brian, this is not an attorney referral service; the rules of this site prohibit the referral of specific attorneys, and reputable attorneys are not trolling the site looking for clients.

There is a Find a Lawyer section elsewhere on this site.

You have time; you cannot file any lawsuits until you have received your right to sue letter from the EEOC. Good luck to you - what happened to you is appalling.

seniorjudge

gevernola said:
What is the name of your state? Louisiana, incident occured in Indiana

I need to find a lawyer who specializes in employment discrimination law in New Orleans. I went up north to Indiana after Katrina and interviewed for a job for which I was well-qualified for as a sales rep for Anheuser-Busch and during the interview (which was going great up to this point) the GM said "I know this is illegal to ask, but are you a Jew?" to which I replied yes, and he then proceeded to tell me that it would be a problem then for the company to hire me as I would "be dealing with rednecks." I have already filed a complaint with the EEOC in Indiana, and since I have come back home to NOLA to help rebuild our city I need to find a lawyer here that will help me go after these guys with a civil lawsuit.
Thanks!!!! Brian
https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?p=1179998#post1179998

duplicate post...you're not good at following instructions....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">