• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

job and wage discrimination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jessiesson

I came to work in the store being told I was going to be a great asset, promised a raise. When asked how much money I
wanted I told them $10/hr, I was told I was asking for money
over the scale, but they hired another person, in my same capacity that they had to train, at $10.50/hr and promised them 30 hrs of overtime weekly. Furthermore, when I asked to complete my training which was only administrative work I was told by my mgr that I could find someone else to train me because he was busy training someone else. I am a black male who has been with the company for over 10 years. I have waited patiently and asked my mgmt to rectify some things that continuously occur but they don't seem to care. The offenses are many that happen at this particular establishment and I'd be more than happy to speak to anyone who can tell me if I have grounds to feel this way and what if anything I can do about it. Some other offense briefly:
Firing a black female for having adverse words with mgmt team alone while a white female employee was allowed to curse out a Pakistanie mgr in front of customers and other employees with no recourse; firing of a latin employee for telling a customer to kiss my a-- but allowing a white female to call a custome a b-tch which almost caused a brawl between the customer and the employee with no recourse. Please help

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">