• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding ticket in Vermont

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Fende_testas

What is the name of your state? Vermont.

I recently got a speeding ticket in Vermont (Killington area) for driving 22 miles over the speed limit.

After carefully reviewing the ticket I realised the officer had made two mistakes on the ticket: license plate of the car (4433NR vs. 4433NB-dummy license plate #'s-) and the year of the car (2005 vs. 2004).

Do you think this is reason enough for the judge to dismiss the ticket? If so, are there any reimbursements for transportation costs incurred to appear in court in Vermont (I live in NYC)?

Bye.

C

CHEW MY SHORTS

Fende_testas said:
What is the name of your state? Vermont.

I recently got a speeding ticket in Vermont (Killington area) for driving 22 miles over the speed limit.

After carefully reviewing the ticket I realised the officer had made two mistakes on the ticket: license plate of the car (4433NR vs. 4433NB-dummy license plate #'s-) and the year of the car (2005 vs. 2004).

Do you think this is reason enough for the judge to dismiss the ticket? If so, are there any reimbursements for transportation costs incurred to appear in court in Vermont (I live in NYC)?

Bye.

My response:

It's absolutely enough to have your ticket dismissed. After your case is dismissed, walk up to the clerk of the court and say, "check please."

Pay no attention to the people laughing in the courtroom.

IAAL

Fende_testas

CHEW MY SHORTS said:
My response:

It's absolutely enough to have your ticket dismissed. After your case is dismissed, walk up to the clerk of the court and say, "check please."

Pay no attention to the people laughing in the courtroom.

IAAL
Huh? Forget about the reimbursement part... is the fact that the officer made a mistake with the license plate numbers good enough dismissible "evidence"?

Curt581

Question: is the fact that the officer made a mistake with the license plate numbers good enough dismissible evidence?

Answer: Nope.

Next question.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">