• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reckless driving 93/55 Va Fairfax

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

2005-worstyear

What is the name of your state? VA,
to make long story short, i got the ticket of Reckless Driving on the way to Dulles Airport at 9:00 PM, Friday.

Charged speed was 93/55 and by pacing and i am 25 and had a record of one speed ticket 5 years ago.(that is all i have)

the officer wasnt bad just confirmed me to show up at the court. since i am a new Fairfax resident i didnt know anything about how serious it is in this county.

from reading this forum, i realized it is not a joke.
I am going to hire lawyer, what do you think the best result i will have got?

i feel that avoiding actual jail stay is only hope.
but is there any possilbe to get out of reckless driving chrage? by any chance? any cases?

liquid8or

OK, I am going to get yelled at again but don't care..

A lot of auto repair shops in No.VA will test your speedometer and give you an official report. If the report shows that the speedo is in error, you will get a little consideration but probably not let off. You were going a little fast.

This is the same advice I received from my attorney the last time I got pinched in VA for speeding......

Obtain a concealed firearms permit for VA. You don't even need to have a gun if you don't want to, but this is another realistic way to help yourself get let go with a warning. You are required to present it when you get pulled over. It is like having an FOP sticker on the car. Hell, you are a red blodded American who is trying to protect yourself and your family...just like them. I said it once and I will say it again...Police officers don't want to go back to their car and write you a ticket while you are sitting in your car with a gun all pissed off about getting pulled over.

There will be a speed trap on that road 90++% of the time you travel it. Be more careful.

You want advice that works? You got it.

Maybe someone else will cite the traffic laws for you so we can both be bored....

JETX

liquid8or said:
OK, I am going to get yelled at again but don't care.
After reading your pap in this thread, your lack of care is obvious.

So, after all of that misinformation and imagination.... back to the OP's question:
"but is there any possilbe to get out of reckless driving chrage?"
Absent a total breakdown in the justice system, no.

"by any chance?"
Of course, there is a chance. Maybe your ticket will spontaneously combust in their files. Or maybe the judge will, in a fit of uncontrollable diarrhea, use your ticket for toilet paper.

For some REAL advice on how you might handle this.. get a GOOD attorney if you want ANY hope of getting out with minimum damage.
One you might consider: http://www.vatrafficlaw.com/reckless.html

liquid8or said:
Obtain a concealed firearms permit for VA. You don't even need to have a gun if you don't want to, but this is another realistic way to help yourself get let go with a warning. You are required to present it when you get pulled over. It is like having an FOP sticker on the car. Hell, you are a red blodded American who is trying to protect yourself and your family...just like them. I said it once and I will say it again...Police officers don't want to go back to their car and write you a ticket while you are sitting in your car with a gun all pissed off about getting pulled over.

Yes because having an officer nervous about you having a gun in your possession will help you out sooo much. What is more likely to happen and has happened to friends who carry is you are asked to step out of the car at gunpoint and then you are temporarily detained while the officer runs his checks. Plus if you have a weapon in your car and forget to take it out if you travel to DC and get pulled over you are screwed. Seriously that is dumb advice on getting out of a traffic ticket. If you want to carry a weapon that is fine, but don't think it is going to aid you in not getting tickets.

liquid8or

I don't think you have any experience in the matter to tell anyone that you "don't think" it's going to aid you.

Believe me or don't. Up to you.

Never been detained at gunpoint. Ever. "I think" your friends were either lying to you or there was some other reason that they were being detained at gunpoint. If you don't act like an ass**** with a gun, you are not usually treated like one.

Ok let me clarify my statement for you.

Telling someone to get a concealed firearms permit in order to get out of traffic tickets is plain stupid advice.

JETX

EvilWizard said:
Telling someone to get a concealed firearms permit in order to get out of traffic tickets is plain stupid advice.
I agree 110%.
There is NO connection between a person with a gun permit (or CHL) and the 'talent' of getting out of a ticket.

sukharev

why don't you try it

Tell us when you try it, rather than repeating and arguing advice of a lawyer. Alas, there is no internet in jail :)

sukharev

liquid8or said:
This is the same advice I received from my attorney the last time I got pinched in VA for speeding......
Isn't this what you said? Have you been stopped by police ever since, and issued a warning instead of a ticket?

From WV - If you choose to carry an unconcealed handgun in your vehicle and you are stopped for a traffic violation, you must understand that the handgun will immediately attract the attention of the police officer. The presence of the handgun may lead to action by the officer such as drawing his or her weapon, ordering you from your vehicle, and performing a pat-down search. Vehicle stops are inherently dangerous for police officers and these actions have been held to be lawful by the United States Supreme Court. (In other words you will be hassled and it is probably not worth it)

The idea is that because you have a CWP it means you have no felonies, warrants, etc and are a good guy... But from most of my reading it seems that in most cases ppl get hassled more when they get pulled over and have a gun in the car. Around N. VA it is a bad situation because if you cross into DC to make a stop and forget the gun is in your vehicle then you are hosed...

DBA

I got hit for RD a few years ago. Normally they don't recommend jail if there wasn't and accident.

It will cost you some $$, but you shouldn't spend time in the pokey.

Bill

liquid8or

Four times in five years.

I know, I am a habitual speeder.

0 for 4 on the tickets though.

Passing into DC would be very bad.

Suggested SOP if pulled over in VA is to (a) keep hands in sight and (b) to hand both DL and CWP out the window to officer. This may even be part of the course that VA requires one to take before applying for the permit.

Suggested SOP in DC is to crap your pants because there is little to nothing that you can to do save yourself. Solied shorts may keep people away from you in lockup.

gtowngurl

Gotta say I agree with L8 on this one folks. (And no, it's not a result of drinking to much of BB's shine) Having a concealed carry permit Does Get You Out of Speeding Tickets in VA. Doesn't matter if you have actually have a weapon or not ( I personally never did).

The simple fact that either A) you might have one or B) you're on the side of law and order, is usually reason enough for the officer to let you off with a warning as opposed to a ticket. This clearly won't help the OP in this case but might be useful advice for the future.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">