• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

feeling a little stupid here

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

turbowray

What is the name of your state?oregon
Look senior members and all who obviously are up on the law more than me lol....i am not a law student never claimed to be one...i am a person with a heart who feels the pain when someone is hurting over loosing a job for one stupid reason or another....some deserve it and some dont...all the advise i tried to give was from people whom i worked side by side with like my supervisor who hired and fired people and she told me things. I have been made out to be a trouble maker on this site for one night of messages because of my lack of knowledge but doesnt it stand to reason that we are all here only to try to help and i stress the word try right or wrong...some of the things were hurtfull and i regreted ever finding this site and yes i even cried cuz i am not a malicious person out to kill every bad boss even though i am full of vinegar when someone is done wrong legal or illegally...this site doesnt state that you have to have a legal degree it was intended to help if you really thought you were! I really thought i knew some of this stuff but i guess a woman who worked for a hospital organization for 50 years didnt know squat cuz anything i passed on from what she said was called to the carpet as a lie and schemes...sorry i wasnt smart enough to help anyone but i meant no harm....turbowray :(

It's honorable that you felt you needed to post, but, don't be upset by it. I'm sure you made a good faith effort. This is a free site, and, as the saying goes, "you get what you pay for." If people wanted rock-solid answers, etc. they have to pay the rock-solid price for it.

turbowray

ty

lostsoul23 said:
It's honorable that you felt you needed to post, but, don't be upset by it. I'm sure you made a good faith effort. This is a free site, and, as the saying goes, "you get what you pay for." If people wanted rock-solid answers, etc. they have to pay the rock-solid price for it.
thank you so much i just hope these people who said all this didnt think i was doing this to stir the pot lol...well again if you dont stur the pot just a little bit then you are standing idally by and letting someone step on you lol....i will curb my answers that is for sure...at least not let my anger lead my answers lol....i wonder if these senior members are lawyers practicing what they know?? Maybe ill step back and learn a few things while im at it lol....just hope to hear an apology or i was to hard on you even though i was right lol...well see...hope your having a great one!!!

pattytx

All we can do here is give legal advice based on our knowledge and/or experience. Many times we say here that actions did not appear to be fair. That doesn't make them necessarily illegal. Compassion and all that is fine, but it does not a law suit make.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I think some people have the idea that when we say something is not illegal, that means we agree with or approve of the action that was taken. That is not necessarily the case. But just because you, or I, or Patty, or anyone else, disapproves of the action, that doesn't make it illegal and doesn't mean there is legal recourse available. Unfair is not illegal. That's a hard lesson to learn sometimes.

turbowray

ty

pattytx said:
All we can do here is give legal advice based on our knowledge and/or experience. Many times we say here that actions did not appear to be fair. That doesn't make them necessarily illegal. Compassion and all that is fine, but it does not a law suit make.
ty patty that does make sense...to bad we couldnt make the laws lol!!

turbowray

oh yes!

cbg said:
I think some people have the idea that when we say something is not illegal, that means we agree with or approve of the action that was taken. That is not necessarily the case. But just because you, or I, or Patty, or anyone else, disapproves of the action, that doesn't make it illegal and doesn't mean there is legal recourse available. Unfair is not illegal. That's a hard lesson to learn sometimes.
You are very right!! I was always the one to stand up for the kid being beat up or verbally abused and it is a shame when we can do nothing but say sorry wish we could help.....sometimes i wish the laws were different!! I guess we all do....have a good one hon!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">