• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help scarred for life

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

turbowray

What is the name of your state?oregon I work in a coffee shop for a hospital and someone put a hot cup of coffee on top of the machine with the empty cups that i am supposed to fill with whatever drink they want....long story short i am scarred on my shoulder now...did an incident report and went to the hospital nurse to get bandaged etc....it blistered and scarred....can a workmans comp claim be billed to do like a skin graph or something to make it not show anymore??

abaga

turbowray said:
What is the name of your state?oregon I work in a coffee shop for a hospital and someone put a hot cup of coffee on top of the machine with the empty cups that i am supposed to fill with whatever drink they want....long story short i am scarred on my shoulder now...did an incident report and went to the hospital nurse to get bandaged etc....it blistered and scarred....can a workmans comp claim be billed to do like a skin graph or something to make it not show anymore??
You can file a WC Claim, but give the burn time to heal also. When the burn is new, it can look a lot worse than it is. Did the Dr. say what degree your burn is? Not the nurse, but the Dr.

I have had second degree burns on my hand, and while it took a couple of months, I was lucky they didn't leave scars.

I'm not sure you can dictate what the treatment is going to be..I don't think you can....well, you can, but doesn't mean they will do what you say.

Also, plastic surgery does not get rid of scars completely. It can make them look nicer, but never takes them away completely. I've had to have scar revision in the past. I also know a few people that had skin grafts and they still have scarring....may look better than before the grafts, but there is still scarring.

Beth3

turbowray said:
Yes, if your doctor recommends it. Worker's comp coverage is extended to the point of making the injured employee "whole" post-accident, if that is possible. Unless you received third-degree burns though, I expect a skin-graft is not called for. In any event, see what your doctor says.

turbowray

ty guys!!

Beth3 said:
Yes, if your doctor recommends it. Worker's comp coverage is extended to the point of making the injured employee "whole" post-accident, if that is possible. Unless you received third-degree burns though, I expect a skin-graft is not called for. In any event, see what your doctor says.
HI there i dont know what degree it was it blistered and popped and a scar is still there...i work at a hospital and so i was told to go to employee health so i only saw the nurse there...she bandaged and rebandaged me for a few days and then said that was all that could be done....i dont take pain pills so i never went to the doc......i will give this some months and see what happens...thank you again guys!!

ellencee

Burns that blister are second degree burns. Skin grafts are not done unless the skin can not grow over a damaged area; obviously, that is not the case here.

Such scars will fade with time and unless the poster's earning capacity is diminished by having such a scar, workers comp could not care less.

EC

turbowray

you guys were soooo right!!

Sorry i never got back to this until now,i forgot,but you guys were right on the button!! It did take a few months but the scaring is barely visible now yaaaa!!! Thanks again guys and all of you take care!!:)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">