• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can a tenant be sued for repairman's injury?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

plit

What is the name of your state? New York

An airconditioner repairman bruised his finger while trying to open a window, which fell down on him. His insurance is suing the landlord's insurance to recover the money for his medical bills. The landlord's management company that manages the property was aware of the problem with the window at the time and had it fixed soon thereafter.

Now the defendant's lawyers want to interview me.

I am wondering whether I need a lawyer myself or not. Can I --- the tenant --- get sued?

Peter

stepmonster2

I really dont think you are liable in any way...they probably just want to know if you saw what happened.

But if you get a bad feeling you have the right to say nothing and leave the interview immediatly.

moburkes

The owner of the building (and their insurance company) is responsible for the window of the building (permanently installed to the building), not you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">