• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Harressed and issued a reckless driving ticket in Illinois

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ridnskyhigh

What is the name of your state? Illinois-reckless driving

This all started when my friend was pulled over in front of his own house as he was pulling into his driveway. The officer walked up to the car and asked to see proff of insurance. Freind reached into glove box and got out his insurance card. he read it and said...the other day when we ticketed your freind in your back yard(who was riding a fourwheeler(atv) up and down the allies for destruction of private property) i read a piece of mail that said your vehicle insurance had been canceled. Immediatly i spoke up and asked the officer, so you picked up a piece of mail and read it out of his yard. the officer replied, yes it said your vehicles insurance had been canceled. he proceeded in telling my friend he needed to provide the police department proof of insurance other than his insurance card before he drives his car again. with out wanting problems he said ok whatever. the police officer left and 5 min. later we decided he could use my truck to pick up his girl freind from work. i was on my motorcycle and he got a ride from another freind to my house to pick up my truck. This is where the fun part starts. On are way back to my freinds house, freind (a) was about 5 car lenghts ahead of me, and friend (b) was following me about 2 cars length behind in my truck. we made a right turn on to my freinds road who has the second house on the left. (approx. 120ft from stop sign) freind (a) drove around to the back of the house and friend (b) pulled in the drive way with my truck. i had pulled in the yard with my bike and had gotten off my bike and took off my helmet no sooner than the same cop who had just pulled us over 20 minutes earlier flying around the corner to the house. he stopped out front of the house and got out. the officer walked up to us and said boys boys boys, just cant stay out of trouble can you. i replied what do u mean. officer said, i was getting a reckless driving ticket. i replied, what did i do to get a reckless driving ticket. officer said he saw me zip across the road back there.( he was speaking about the 120 feet or so from the stop sign to the freinds driveway) i asked him if i was speeding, he said he didnt know but i was going faster then the truck behind me, which my freind was driving. i asked how fast was the truck going, he said it i dont know for sure but it was defentily under the speed limit. i replied well i hope so he was slowing down to turn into his drive way. i continually asked him to explain to me what it was i did to deserve a reckless driving ticket. again he said he saw me go zipping by. i asked him where he was at whne he saw me. he replied i was at the corner by caseys(which is 4 blocks down the same road we turned off of. from the stop sign where we turned to where he was sitting there are about 20 some house and garages, no possible way he could have seen me after i turned the corner) i said whatever and asked him to write down everything he was saying, i wanted docementation of what he was saying. he repleid i dont have to write a damn thing down for u and said, if u dont lose the attitude you will be going to jail for coruption of justice. i laughed at him and said, so your going to take me to jail because i want you to write down everything. he began yelling at me and my freinds who have been stading there next to me and my bike saying such things as "you punk kids think u can run wild through this town" and " you kids think you and drive 200 mph through town on these FUC*ING bikes and get away with it" he aslo said because my bike smelled like it was burning, i had to have been out hotrodding it. i asked him what does that have anything to do with you seeing me zip across the road. he said he only saw a little bit of me but what gave it away was he had the windows down and could here the engine revving. to finsh my story up, cause im sure everyone is tired of reading by now. he wrote me a ticket for reckless driving, not knowing how fast i was going, only seeing but a glimsp of me as i turned the corner. he was basing his ticket on what he heard. i have scanned to the ticket he gave me and i can show proof to anyone who wants to see it. to makes things better, i leave dec. 4th to boot camp for the marines. my courth date which i have to attend, is dec. 21st. any advice on what to do on how to handle this would be greatly appr. i am going to fight the reckless driving ticket, i believe i do not deserve it, and i think the officer was reacting in retalition because i spoke about him reading my freinds mail, who is also filing a report agaist this officer. thank you, and if u need any more info please email me @ [email protected] or on aol instant messanger, ridnskyhigh

racer72

Punctuation and paragraphs are your friend. And cut out all the crap that has nothing to do with your question. We don't do emails or IM, drag your butt back to this site.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">