• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

terrible car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dominorbi

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Kansas

I bought a car through online from Florida and got it delivered a few days ago.It was a 97 Buick with low miles ,the owner told me that its in great condition with no problem.Unfortunately since the long distance i wasnt able to check out the car in person.I trusted him ,got a carfax report which was clean and went ahead with the deal.
Now that I have the car I know it was a mistake.It has major problems which would have been obvious had I seen it in person.Overheating ,ac + radio not working ,power steering fluid leaking ,other electrical problems.Mechanics estimate is in thousands of dollards about 60% of cars value.Obvious defects that the owner had to know about but hes denying it says he doesnt care.Is there any chance to get refund back legally since its certain he knew about the defects ,thanks

Richard

teflon_jones

There's no chance of you getting your money back. Take it as a lesson learned. Why would you buy something for thousands of dollars sight unseen? :confused:

dallas702

Get at least one or two more opinions on the cost of repairs. $thousands seems high for what you've mentioned. Overheating can be anything from a nonsealing radiator cap ($5) to a clogged/leaking radiator ($100-500), or a waterpump or thermostat. The a/c may just need chargibg ($30-50). PS leak could be just a loose clamp.

Anyway, you've got to consider it is a GM product and those (especially) from the '90s are crap.....even Buicks. :(

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">