• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

BOOTING OUT THE EX...AGAIN........

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

DawnieRott

Hello...I live in Connecticut and need advice about a motor vehicle that belongs to me. I will be booting out my boyfriend of 11 years for the 3rd and FINAL time in the near future. About 5 years ago he had given me a 1984 Firebird that was not "road worthy" and he was in the process of fixing the car. The last time I had thrown him out, he had possesion of my car and also stole the title to my car. The title to my Firebird is a Louisiana title and is in the previous owners name with my signature on the back as having purchased the car. I had never "registered" the car in Connecticut because it was not yet fixed. My question is...can I just go to the State Police and file a stolen car/title report to get my car & title back? Or do I need to take him to court. Thanks for any help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">