• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

safety of putting ss# on applications

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cowgirl_up3993

What is the name of your state? FL

How safe is it to put my ss# on all of the applications I'm filling out while looking for employment?
If I don't put it on, will I not be considered for hire?

cowgirl_up3993 said:
What is the name of your state? FL

How safe is it to put my ss# on all of the applications I'm filling out while looking for employment?
If I don't put it on, will I not be considered for hire?
This question is way too generic. Are you talking about paper applications or online applications? If online are you using a secured site (https) and what are the privacy policies of the company or service you are using? If paper what are the policies of the company or service in regards to privacy as well?

No one can tell you a real answer to this question as it has no qualifying information in it.

cowgirl_up3993

I meant paper applications. For instances, going around to restaurants in the area, filling out applications and leaving them with "whoever" (the hostess, the bartender). There is nothing on the paper application that states what their privacy policy is and whenever I ask, the "whoever" (because the manager is always unavailable) says they don't know and I get labeled difficult because I worry about leaving my ss# lying around for anyone to take.
Did I make myself clearer?

gawm

write in the space "will provide upon job offer". if they use a background check to determine qualifications for interview, it might be a problem. Depends on what kind of job

Personally I wouldn't include it, but then again if you desperately need a job then the risk of not giving it and being broke might outweigh the risk of giving it and someone using it to steal your identity.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">