• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

18 Wheelers

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

robinbrewer2655

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Texas
My brother in law drives a tanker truck and in Antioch, CA he was given a ticket for driving on a street that was labeled no truck assess. This is the only street to the place where he makes this delivery. What can he do about this ticket and in the future. He makes this delivery at least once a week, but when the city police need to make their quote they sit and write tickets to the trucks that are making deliveries to this place.
Thank You,
Robin Brewer

Company he delivers to gets a forklift and gets delivery from a legal street. Delivery company charges additional monies for delivering to a hard to reach place...

CdwJava

robinbrewer2655 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Texas
My brother in law drives a tanker truck and in Antioch, CA he was given a ticket for driving on a street that was labeled no truck assess. This is the only street to the place where he makes this delivery. What can he do about this ticket and in the future. He makes this delivery at least once a week, but when the city police need to make their quote they sit and write tickets to the trucks that are making deliveries to this place.
Thank You,
Robin Brewer
First of all, we do not have quotas - they are illegal.

Second, find out what section he has been cited under. Chances are it is a city code section, and I will wager that there is an exemption for delivery and pick-up.

Third, perhaps your bro-in-law's employer needs to put pressure on the recipient of the goods to resolve the matter with the city or he won't get any more deliveries. It could well be that the business is operating a business they are not zoned for, or, the city wishes the trucks to use another access. We have the same problem in my city and so far the truckers are losing ... unfortunately, they are "delivering" to an unlicensed business and are, in actuality, parking to take a nap at a small apartment next to the business.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">