• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Post Accident Drug Test Termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

turbo358

(Ohio) I hope someone can answer my question! I was injured at work and taken to an emergency room by ambulance. I required stitches to my face. After being released my supervisor took me straight to a collection site for a post accident urine drug test. This was on May 24 2004. I thought at that point in time suspicion less post accident drug testing was ruled unconstitutional by the Ohio Supreme Court. "Ohio Supreme Court Strikes Down "Post-Injury Drug and Alcohol Testing As Unconstitutional" and not until House Bill 223 was law in October of 2004 did the law change. The company if fighting my Temporary Total Disability by documents they submitted to the Industrial Commission of their drug testing policy that is revision dated October 18 2004 and March 1 2005 which are dates I was no longer employed with the company as I was discharged by phone on June 11 2004. They claim by document that their policy was initially in effect from January of 2000 but I have Company employee manuals that don't look anything like what their submitting. And even if it was true that their mandatory post accident drug testing was required since then, it doesn't explain why then wasn't I tested in 2001 when I had a work related accident. Well I hope I didn't put everyone to sleep. I'm just hoping for some good news or support as this is really starting to depress me waiting this long without any income. Oh yea I forgot to mention the impact to my face resulted in getting glaucoma. Thanks to anyone who can offer advice. Turbo358

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">