• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help with 1st & 2nd AME (kind of long, sorry!)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pusskat

What is the name of your state? CA I had my 1st AME appointment over 1 year ago where I had complained of severe pain in lower back, left hip, left knee, neck and severe headaches. At times I am unable to even move my head due to what I call pinched nerves. This doctor, without the aid of MRI's (at the time none had been done, nor did he request any) or x-rays (don't think they would have helped anyway) made me permanent and stationery saying my back and neck were just "sprained and strained", put me on light duty and sent me back to work. My light duty then consisted of standing all day and pushing and pulling shopping carts, none of which I was supposed to be doing. I was again taken off work by my treating doctor as soon as I walked into his office!

Since then, it has been found that I have two ruptured cervical discs as well as a spinal cord injury just across from those two discs, 3 bulging discs in my lower back, a left sciatica nerve root that shows on MRI as almost black which my neuro surgeon says he has never seen before and last but not least extensive damage to my left knee. I have been in pretty severe pain most of the time for over a year but because this idiot (sorry) diagnosed me without the aid of anything, the WC carrier has pretty much refused to treat except for pain pills and muscle relaxers. I finally begged a dr. to try nerve blocks in my neck at the rate of 8 shots once per week to relieve the headaches. (these are being done on a lien basis which worries me).

I guess I have two questions. First, was the AME doctor incompetent for sending me back to work with no evidence to back up his claim of "sprained and strained"?

Secondly, I have just seen the same AME doctor for the second time and I am wondering how likely he will be to dispute his own findings of "sprained and strained"?

Thanks to anyone out there who might have suggestions or even relay their experience to me. I have just found this site and am relieving a little stress by reading everyone elses struggles, just knowing I am not alone helps!

God bless and I hope time will eventually heal us all!!!

Pusskat

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">