• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

blue_eyes21700

My soon to be ex-husband and I have been separated for a little over a year. What I'm wanting to know is, he's been staying with a friend of his, but everything of his still comes to my house. We have a son and we are still "friends" because of our son. To get a divorce can we just get his friend to go to court with us or write a letter stating that my ex has been living with him for the past year.
I'm from South Carolina.

LegalBeagle

blue_eyes21700 said:
My soon to be ex-husband and I have been separated for a little over a year. What I'm wanting to know is, he's been staying with a friend of his, but everything of his still comes to my house. We have a son and we are still "friends" because of our son. To get a divorce can we just get his friend to go to court with us or write a letter stating that my ex has been living with him for the past year.
I'm from South Carolina.
Well, you have to file a petition for divorce.. but then you can use his friend as a witness as regards to you living apart for the required 1 year.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">