• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

scared33

What is the name of your state?PA

I'm A truck driver and I was pulled over for speeding but he didn't give me a tticket for speeding he gave me failure to obey a speed limit sign .I need to know does that carry any points on my MVR? Thank you

sukharev

Call DMV or go to their website. Make sure you know the exact statute you have on the ticket, as well as how much over the limit were you sited for. If it does not say that on the ticket, try to get all related records from the DA by using process called "discovery" (you write a request for information to DA). If speed was not shown anywhere, you have good chance to have it dismissed or have no points assessed.

A Failure to Obey (3111, if that's what it is) is a gift that only carries a fine and no points on the driver's license. The FTO ticket doesn't usually have the speed on it unless it is in the comments section.

If only all speeding tickets were FTO. :rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">