• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

speed--request info

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

saltydawg2

speeding ticket in VA

What is the name of your state? ticket in VA, license in NC.
Got a speeding ticket ..54 in a 35...haven't paid ticket yet. Can I contact the court clerk or prosecutor and see if I can get it reduced before my court date?

Last edited:

sukharev

Usually, no. You may request a trial at earlier date, but not guaranteed to get it. The way it works is you come to court on the date you have been told, talk to DA or prosecutor or police officer before trial, and they would offer you to plead guilty, pay a lower fine, but not go to trial. It's your call, whether to take the plea bargain or not, but read up on all recent VA posts, the topic is well-covered. You do have a chance to have it dismissed if officer does not show up, but you may not know it until you go to trial. Points may transfer between VA and NC, but I don't know it for sure.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">