• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

BS Street Racing *ticket* 316.191

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mauig20

What is the name of your state? Florida

This is what happened fellas. I get off the highway like I do every single day heading home from work when I suddenly hit a red light and im the first car at the light. Cars havent yet started getting behind me when I suddenly feel a bit adventurous and decide that I want to quickly accelerate in 1st gear when the light turns green (had a rough day at work). The light turns green and I take off quickly (didnt spin tires or anything) I then I quickly shift into second and when I go to shift into third I let off (I hit 50mph in a 45mph zone) and then quickly throw it from 3rd to 5th then a second later a brand new Lexus GS430 flies by!!!!! I didnt pay it any mind, the guy most likely got the green light and was speeding.

30 seconds pass and im sitting at the following light to make a left turn when a cop suddenly appears with his lights on and makes me pull over ALL the way to the right from the left turning lane. So I follow directions...

He asks for my license and registration and then proceeds to tell me I was racing, I said WHO????????????? Hes like let me define street racing, its when you have a car next to you and you try to overcome each others speeds to reach a certain destination.... I look at him (shirt and tie) and say to him YOU ARE ****TING ME?? Wheres the other car???? He says he called it in and they caught him infront, I know it was bull****, the guy blew by the green light and 30 seconds had already passed. I then told him I wasnt going to argue that ill see him in court and he comes back with a street racing ticket.... The ticket reads:

Street Racing on a public highway/reckless endangerment, speeding, following too closely, improper lane changes etc...

CRIMINAL INFRACTION, Court date Dec XX, 2005!!!!!!!!!!

I said im not signing it, thats total bull****!!! You are overstating your authority, he then got hostile and told me sign it or go to jail.... I signed it.

So now I dont know what to do, I have someone on the inside whos helping me out (DA's), some info will be coming my way on this matter. Hopefully theres some type of loophole, I dont need this bull**** on my record. I understand if I was caught red handed, but I didnt race ANYONE!!!!!!!!!!!

Im a working professional in my early 20's, no criminal history, my last citation was 2 years ago for making an illegal U-turn that was thrown out. This is getting out of hand! Now I hear I can lose my license up to a year????

Any thoughts, comments, or suggestions on the matter?

sukharev

Well, with criminal infraction, you may have some options, such as trial by jury, etc. Get a good lawyer, though. Good luck.

Mauig20

You Are Guilty said:
And what kind of vehicle were you driving? Does it have an exhaust? Supercharger/turbo? Neon lights?
Infiniti G20, turbocharged, none of that neon bull****. It looks like a regular G20 with rims, exhaust is loud, and I have to say im sure when the wastegate opened (dumps to atmosphere) the car does get loud.

Im currently trying to source out a good lawyer for this case, but so far the only one ive gotten that has dealt with this type of case wants $750

mackdhaas

quote:
<Im working on it. Thanks>

Any progress? I just got hit with the same bs last night. I was in my s-10, 4 banger, with no engine mods, just straight piped from the cat back, so it is obnoxiously loud. I barely chirp the tires and never come close to breaking the speed limit. Within feet of the light cop pulls out of gas station and cites me with racing. When I asked him who I was racing he could not even tell me what kind of car or what color it was that was next to me. I was like why would I race someone in this P.O.S. First attorney I talked to gave me a fee in the thousands. Thinking of putting my own case together as I am educated, have defended myself in court successfully before, and could represent my knowledge of physics and how I am aware that my truck could lose a race to a bicycle on a windy day so why would I race.

Any thoughts would be appreciated....

Racing charges potentially have very serious long term consequences so an experience attorney has a high probability of being a good investment. Bring your toothbrush if you decide to represent yourself.

racer72 said:
Start your own thread. Hijacking other's thread is considered rude.
LOL -- posting a similar question in a thread is lot less rude than many of the no value "you got what you deserved" posts allowed here.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">