• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

second hand smoke exposure

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jimmybak

My ex who has custody of the two boys 8&5, lives with her parents and they all smoke in the house. One is a chain smoker who is home all day. the kids are always sick and have a constant cough- over 2years. i can't convince them to stop and their doctor won't say definitively that its the cause of their illnesses. The lawyers say sue for custody- but he chances aare slim. Are there any alternatives that anyone knows of?

Concerned Dad

LegalBeagle

jimmybak said:
My ex who has custody of the two boys 8&5, lives with her parents and they all smoke in the house. One is a chain smoker who is home all day. the kids are always sick and have a constant cough- over 2years. i can't convince them to stop and their doctor won't say definitively that its the cause of their illnesses. The lawyers say sue for custody- but he chances aare slim. Are there any alternatives that anyone knows of?

Concerned Dad
You could try petitioning to change the Parenting Plan to include a paragraph about the children being aroung smokers. Provide some proof to the judge, explain the situation and you 'might' be lucky and have it granted. Then of course you would spend 1000's checking and enforcing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">