• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

racingblue

What is the name of your state?
Clarksville IN is where the person in question lives
UK is where I do.

I wanted to know, I had a programmer working for me and he wanted some help and so he asked his friend, we briefly talked about how mcuh he charged per hour and he said 60$ and I simply said no and left it at that. But I understand he continued to work on and then I woke up this morning with an invoice of $1000. I think we didnt have a contract and so I dont ahve to pay him is this correct, can someone please post up a very detailed response. I would be ever so greatful. Thanks.

BelizeBreeze

If your initial contract stated that the laws of the E.U. will have jurisdiction, then we can't help. This site is for U.S. Law only.

If you initial contract stated that the laws of Indiana will have jurisdiction, then you need a lot more information.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">