• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

slander

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Molly1965

I am the President of the Board of Directors for my condo community. I am also a single woman. One of the other board members has been saying very ugly things to other homeowners in the community. He states that I am the community whore, that I have men in and out of my apartment all the time and that I am having sex with all of them.
This is untrue information. I have been dating the same man for 6 months and before him was my boyfriend of 8 years.
I am hurt over this and I want to know what I can do. He also talks about everyone else in the community. Pretends to be my friend and was actually trying to get me to date him at one point a few months ago. I never went out with him and actually had to tell him that I do not date people that I live near. He is significantly older that I am.
He lives right across the street and watches me all the time. I live in SC. Thanks for your help.

[Edited by Molly1965 on 11-28-2000 at 01:39 PM]

T

Tigres

Ok, I have no legal advice, but I do have sympathy. And may I suggest posting on a different board as this has little to do with family law?

I think Real Estate Law may be your best bet.

On the other hand, I would seriously consider courting the people that you know he's speaking to. Heave a big sigh and say something like, "This has been really rough. This guy asked me out and I turned him down. Now, he's spreading rumoUrs about me! I just don't know what to do, it's very frustrating. Got any ideas?"

Poof! By giving you suggestions, you have won them over.

Tig

http://smilecwm.tripod.com/net3/zalien.gif

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">