• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employee stealing from me.. help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Roman102

What is the name of your state?PA

I will try to keep this short..

I've had a women working for me cleaning houses. and one day she just desided to leave... and after she left most of my cliets that i worked really hard to get left with her, due to her talking them into it...

My question what can I do to prevent this from happening in the future?
Thanks in advance!!!

Last edited:

xylene

Roman102 said:
What is the name of your state?PA

I will try to keep this short..

I own a residential cleaning company. so far i have just registered the company so as you can understand it's really small.

I've had a women working for me cleaning houses. and one day she just desided to leave... and after she left most of my cliets that i worked really hard to get left with her, due to her talking them into it...

I was paying her cash.
The way i see it, I can't do nothing now becasue i had no contract with her and even if i had her sign the contract I was paying her cash. So i don't know if i could take her to court even then.

My question what can I do to prevent this from happening in the future?
Thanks in advance!!!
Try setting up legitimate relationships with your employees and/or contractors

If she was an employee- think of this scenario when you go to court. "Your honor to avoid paying taxes I was paying my possibly undocumented worker (this is not about race or her being a cleaning lady- it is about another of your failures, that being to confirm employment eligiblity...) and she stole my clients. WAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

You are sure to win big.

Since you had no CONTRACT either... you are out of luck.

Try having a contract with a non-compete agreement, like she or her agents can't work for your clients for 6 months... And pay by check :rolleyes:

Roman102

exactly..

I need to find a way to make it legal. so that she works for me and i pay taxes and don't have to worry about this BS about them stealing... Does anyone know how do i go about making everything legal?

Last edited:

xylene

Roman102 said:
exactly what i was thinking!!!
Even if i get her to sign a contract. She steals a house from me. i take her to court and say(your honor i know i am cheating US system by not reporting that she is working for me) you know what i mean?

I need to find a way to make it legal. so that she works for me and i pay taxes and don't have to worry about this BS about them stealing... Does anyone know how do i go about making everything legal?

Check these out

http://www.pasbdc.org/

http://www.dep.state.pa.us/dep/deputate/airwaste/aq/small_business/small_business.htm

http://www.pachamber.org/

Despite the complexities, there are resources both in the govt. and these could be a place to start.

HomeGuru

Roman102 said:
exactly what i was thinking!!!
Even if i get her to sign a contract. She steals a house from me. i take her to court and say(your honor i know i am cheating US system by not reporting that she is working for me) you know what i mean?

**A: seek help from a business law attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">