• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding ticket going 110 and declared guilty~! anything left to do?*california*

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Nimrodk

My brother got a speeding ticket, but i dunno why he declared himself guilty without fighting it?
I guess that he didn't know that the penalty would be around 2000$.
So, i am asking is there a way that a lawyer could fight this ticket? even though he already declared himself guilty? can he changed this?
can a lawyer opssibly fight it?... suggestions of good lawyers for traffic are also acceted =P
he doesn't have the money, so he asked for community service hrs, ~! they are giving him 267HRS!!!.. sigh, i feel sad for him
any suggestions?
Thanks a lot

Last edited:

Pugilist

I don't know the answer to your question but I know how to find out. Open the phone book and call some lawyers. Talk to at least 3, then sleep on it before you hire one.

Oh, and your brother should be doing the calling, not you.

Pug

Last edited:

TYRIS

Nimrodk said:
My brother got a speeding ticket, but i dunno why he declared himself guilty without fighting it?
I guess that he didn't know that the penalty would be around 2000$.
So, i am asking is there a way that a lawyer could fight this ticket? even though he already declared himself guilty? can he changed this?
can a lawyer opssibly fight it?... suggestions of good lawyers for traffic are also acceted =P
he doesn't have the money, so he asked for community service hrs, ~! they are giving him 267HRS!!!.. sigh, i feel sad for him
any suggestions?
Thanks a lot

-There is nothing he can do, he pled guilty to the charge. Had he pled "not giulty" and then found guilty by the court he might have had recourse, but this did not happen.

Why do you feel sad for him? He did it and is being a man about it and accepting the consequences of his actions. I personally applaud his actions for taking responsibility, unlike some people on this post that will try to find ways to circumvent the law or tell you to read a book in the library about how to get out of a ticket.

Let him do the community service. He made a mistake and he will learn from it.

Tyris

sukharev

TYRIS said:
-He did it and is being a man about it and accepting the consequences of his actions. I personally applaud his actions for taking responsibility, unlike some people on this post that will try to find ways to circumvent the law or tell you to read a book in the library about how to get out of a ticket.
There is nothing manly in going 110 mph, it is irresponsible and he should not have done it in the first place. Nobody on this forum would recommend to fight this ticket. We are not stupid or trying to find way out. All our advice is based on law or personal experience, and not circumventing it.

HomeGuru

Nimrodk said:
any suggestions?
Thanks a lot

**A: I don;t feel sad for him at all. Why? Because he's an idiot that chose not to follow the law. Don't be feeling sad for idiots. Clowns maybe, but not idiots.

rmet4nzkx

He is lucky he got community service hours, that is about as good as an attorney could have got him, he was going twice the limit! No defense for that.

sukharev

rmet4nzkx said:
He is lucky he got community service hours, that is about as good as an attorney could have got him, he was going twice the limit! No defense for that.
he will also have a great free workout walking to this community service every day :D

garrula lingua

VC 22348 (b) over 100 mph: usu MINIMUM is: about $1500 in fines (500 + penalty and assessments) AND a thirty day suspension of the driver's license.

Are you saying the Judge didn't suspend the DL for 30 days ?????
It is the discretion of the Judge, but most definately suspend the DL.
Did that suspension change as of 9/20/05 ?

TYRIS

There is nothing manly in going 110 mph, it is irresponsible and he should not have done it in the first place.
-Since you must have a problem understanding and have taken what I said out of context I will reiterate it.

I did not say it was "manly" to go 110 mph. What I "said" was that he was being a "man" by accepting responsibility for his actions and not trying to find a way to get out of it.

Nobody on this forum would recommend to fight this ticket.
-Yes there are, Just read a few of the posts on this forum.

We are not stupid.
That remains to be seen.

Tyris

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">