• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce or Annulment?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

washington

I was married in the state of South Carolina on 8-22-00. I realize that I made the worst mistake of my life. I do not love my husband. We don't live together, and there aren't any children or property involved. I want the cheapest and quickest way out of this disaster. What do I do?

LegalBeagle

washington said:
I was married in the state of South Carolina on 8-22-00. I realize that I made the worst mistake of my life. I do not love my husband. We don't live together, and there aren't any children or property involved. I want the cheapest and quickest way out of this disaster. What do I do?
Either, buy a 'do it yourself divorce kit' or go see an attorney and have them file for your divorce. Personally I would see an attorney because if the divorce is 'No Fault' then you need to live apart for 1 year before you can file.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">