• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fired For Credit Rating

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ajski3

What is the name of your state? Washington

I interviewed for a outside sales position with a company from Washington State. During the interview, nothing was said about credit or my background. The company offered me the job 2 days later. I accepted and started work a week after that. My first day of employment, they had me sign paperwork one of which was a consent to do a background/credit check. NOTHING was said that my employment would depend on the findings. 2.5 weeks into my employment and after buying a new cell phone and sigining a year contract with the carrier (which was required by my employer and they would reimburse) I was let go due to my credit which had gone down hill since my ugly divorce. I have no criminal history and my credit has only been bad this last year due to my divorce. My Credit was EXCELLENT up to that point. The company said they can't have someone who can't manage their money working for them. What if any rights do I have?

CO19

ajski3 said:
What is the name of your state? Washington
The company said they can't have someone who can't manage their money working for them. What if any rights do I have?
Good for Them! Thrilled to see employers conducting due-diligent checks. You were fired b/c you are a liability to the company and one risk they were not willing to take. Read your background/disclaimer release form again...

ajski3

Liability???? How so *******???? Doesn't say anything about being terminated for Credit. I'm sure you are just some small underpaid employee who is pissed off because people like me get the good jobs with little or no effort. Good luck in your angry adventure little man CO19!!

gawm

unfortunately unless you have a contract, employers can fire employees for any reason as long as it is not because of race, religion, sex, age or disability.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">