• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

untrue peer evaluation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

zonker

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

I am seeking promotion at to associate professor at a university. Upon reviewing my file in the Provost's office, I found unsubstantiated and untrue statements from a faculty member in my department on a peer evaluation form. I have asked the Dean what I should/can do about this, but no response is forthcoming. What can and should I do about this? I can prove this is untrue. There is a complaint (from other professors) against this professor in the Provost's office now for agressive and hostile behavior. Everyone seems afraid of her. Advice, please. I want this out of my file and think she should be taken to task for lying. Thanks.

Zonker :(

Beth3

You cannot dictate what your employer puts in your personnel file. Additionally, the faculty member is entitled to his or her opinion about your job performance even if you disagree and even if it is mistaken.

What you can do is ask the Dean or your HR representative if you can put a rebuttal statement in your file.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">