• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

hostile work enviroment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

carlee02

What is the name of your state? ohio

I recently caught another employee going into my own personal office and going through my things. I confronted the owner of our company about it and was told that that was acceptable behavior and doesnt feel that the person did anything wrong. This employee is a co-worker not a manager. This has me really infuriated. It doesnt seem to me that other employees should have access to my own personal office that I do not share with anyone, that is a dedicated space and has a door. Any advice?

mlane58

If your asking if this is a hostile work enviroment---not even close! There is nothing illegal here. The behavior is unethical at best and if you aren't happy there or the actions of your co-workers or supervisors, I suggest you look for a new job.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">