• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this workplace discrimination?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BR88

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? IL. At a church...you have a male pastor and his female assistant. He becomes enamored with her and makes advances; i.e., speaks ill of her husband, asks her to the movies, kisses her at the church (after which she realized their 'friendship' was getting out of hand and put a stop to it - no sex occurred). The head pastor finds out and puts the male on a 3-month leave (with reduced pay) and lays off the female assistant. After 3 months the male pastor is restored to his job, but the female assistant is laid off permanently. Is this some kind of discrimination?

mlane58

Come back when you want to provide more information and especially the whole story, because I believe ther is more to it than you are telling.

seniorjudge

BR88 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? IL. At a church...you have a male pastor and his female assistant. He becomes enamored with her and makes advances; i.e., speaks ill of her husband, asks her to the movies, kisses her at the church (after which she realized their 'friendship' was getting out of hand and put a stop to it - no sex occurred). The head pastor finds out and puts the male on a 3-month leave (with reduced pay) and lays off the female assistant. After 3 months the male pastor is restored to his job, but the female assistant is laid off permanently. Is this some kind of discrimination?
Q: Is this some kind of discrimination?

A: Of course it is. Discrimination? Yes. Illegal? No.

BR88

mlane58 said:
Come back when you want to provide more information and especially the whole story, because I believe ther is more to it than you are telling.
mlane58, see the rest of the story under my post in Criminal Law - Other Crimes...

W

westcoastdaddy

mind your own business

this is between the head pastor, male pastor and his assistant, and none of your concern. it doesnt involve you, so stay out of it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">