• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Desperate!! please, please HELP!!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tobinx

What is the name of your state? Maryland

8 yrs. ago, when I was 17, I was in a group home and I ran away. I got involved with a man and he ended up tricking me into filling out a check that he had stolen from someone. I wrote the check out for $640.00. I eventually went back to the group home and got released back to my parents. Shortly after that, I left home and tried to forget about everything. Since then I've been hearing things through a relative who's been in contact with my parents such as I have a bench warrant, the court is trying to charge me without me physically being there, I'm looking at at least 5 yrs in jail and so forth. If it helps, I've never been charged for anything else i my life.

My questions are:
Is there a SOL on bench warrants?
Can you be charged or sentenced for a crime if you're physically not in the court room?
Does a bench warrant mean that the authorities are actively looking for me and will arrest me if they find me?
Is there a SOL for being charged or sentenced if you're not physically there in the court room?
Is $640.00 considered a misdemeanor or a felony?
How long is the jail time for cashing a stolen and forged check in Maryland?
I would like to go to school for nursing and you have to pass a background check first--would this show up on my record? Would a warrant show up ? and if so, would the school turn me in ?

Sorry for so many questions--just scared to death and I've had kids since then. Please answer ASAP. Thanks in advance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">