• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

bad check charge please help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rob beserman

What is the name of your state? ohio
i wrote a check to a individual who was a claimed friend. he had some stereo equipment for sale and wanted to sell the stuff to me. i had bought the stuff from him using a check that was good at the time. but when i tested the stuff it was no good and he came back and picked the stuff up from me he said that the check was destroyed and i had him write a receipt in fact just in case... i closed the account for another reason about 2 or 3 weeks later, after about 2 years has gone by i had to talk to a detective that said that he had cashed the checks about a month after i had given them to him and he said that they had come up as bad, the check was for a considerable amount, like 3000$ i looked for the receipt but after 2 years of hearing nothing i had probably lost it or it was destroyed in the mean time, the bank he cashed the checks at paid out like 700 of the check to him and he never came back to the bank so the bank is now pressing charges against me. im not sure exactly what i should do now that i have no proof and they are charging me with aggrivated theft and passing bad checks i was just wondering what i should do and what do you think will happen. also the so called friend is currently in prison and the detective told me when he went to talk to him he said that he never wrote a receipt and that i screwed him. thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">