• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

domestic violence charge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

headbutt

What is the name of your state?Arizona
I have been charged with a class 5 felony and aggrivated assult/domestic violance. One year ago my two sons were fighting while on a service project for the Boy Scouts. My then 14 yr old son hit my 10 yr old wit ha PVC pipe in the side of the head. I saw this happen and jumped out of my truck and started going after the 14 yr old. He stopped in the middle of the street and we began to argue. He went to turn around and I grabbed him by the shoulder and spun him back around. Then grabbing him by the back of the neck asking him "Why he hit his brother with the pipe" at that moment he went to turn around again and I restrained him again. As he tried to spin around again it appeared to me as if he was going to hit me and in the struggle I head butted him. Honestly the Head butt was intentional. I fully meant to pop him on the middle of his head. As it turned out as he turned and I made contact the blow was directly on the right eye brow. Instantly causing a huge shiner. These are the facts. I immediately took him home and iced it.
Two days later @ school the police showed up and began their investigation.
No charges were filed at that time.
CPS was brought in to the situation. Family preservation was contacted and we were under their observation 3 times a week for approx. 12 weeks. I also was ordered Anger management classes which I completed.
Fast forward to the present I've now been charged after completing all that was asked of me. It looks like the Prosecuting At. is seeking up to 5 yrs. in jail.
They offered a plea of a misdameanor and life time probation. My At. is thinking it "could be dropped alltogather or lessened to a misdameanor and no telling what form of probation if any." However tonight My wife received a call from the sherrifs office and she is thinking that they are going for the max and nothing less.
Any advice...
Headbutted

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">