• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

my work sold there buisness

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jelly1234

What is the name of your state?wi

how long before a company sells there buisness, do they have to warn you that they are selling the company? so that you can look for the job? my company sold there buisness in febuary a month before my baby was born and they only told me a month and a half before i was actually out of a job. is this right? :confused:

Some Random Guy

Nowhere is it mandated that an employer must tell their employees about ownership changes before it happens. To do so might cause problems with the deal.

If your employer has more than 100 employees in the local area, there may be some protection for you in the WARN act for being given less than 60 days notice for layoffs of a significant number of employees. Whether you were let go by your new or old employer will affect who you have to sue to get compensated. Since you were told 45 days in advance, your possible claim is small.

Please read up on the WARN act if you think it may apply.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">