• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can my boss cut my days just because??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Georgina Glad

What is the name of your state? California
I was working in this Mexican Restaurant as a waitress and from one day to another I found out that my schedule was changed, I ask why and they said because a customer complained about my service, I know they are doing that because they want to force me to quit. is this abuse? os descrimination? I was never given the benefit of the the doubth in this matter. what can I do?

"can my boss cut my days just because??"

Yes.

There is no law that says you are owed a job. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Why don't you go get another job if you're not happy there? You've got some free time now to job hunt. Why would you want to work where you're not wanted?

There are tons of restaurants out there; you'll find something even better.

And that's a promise.

signed, ex-waitress & bartender

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
No, this is not abuse and it is not discrimination. It is perfectly legal to reduce your hours because of a customer complaint. It is also perfectly legal, barring a bona fide contract that says otherwise, to reduce your hours "just because".

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">