• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I got hurt at work and I can't walk now

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

beage

What is the name of your state? New Jersey

Hi, not sure if this in the right place or anyone can help me.
I will start from the begining. I fell of the back off a tractor trailor and in between the dock plate and the tailer my foot got twisted sideways. Got stuck and I fell staight back and landed on my back.
From there I went to the Company Dr. They said it was a knee contussion and will heal. Now I went back to work for 2 days and I couldn't walk right without a limp. My leg would get tired and was all swollen. I then got another Dr. after 2 months of no answers from theirs. Mine said it may be a cartlige tear so he did an MRI and found something (he said). I had ortho knee surg. and after he couldn't find anything. Said it was inflamed. After this I had the same pain and it was in the back of knee (leg) as well. Although I had this pain before, I didn't have this shaking and twiching in it. I mean if I hobble for awhile, that's what I call my walking. My right leg will start to shake like I was on it for a while, and cause me to fall or loose my balance. Sometimes it feels like it is stuck to the floor. I had all kinds of test for this Back MRI, Knee MRI, Otho Surg., Nerve test all came back fine. Yet why do I have this problem?
Dr. said he does't know why, and I might have to live with it.
Live with what I can't walk. My wife told me to get a wheel chair and it will help me get around. I use it and it works, I rather walk though. After 8 months going on 9 in 2 weeks I have no job, no Dr. and I have no Workers Comp Check. They stopped them cause they said everything came out fine. Still can't walk, and even when it gets bad I stutter. I am a mess, I just would like to know what is wrong with my leg PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME. It shakes at night when I sleep too my wife say's.
This is pissing me off too, cause I have no income, and who is going to hire me this way. Worker's Comp. will not pay for another Dr. and my Med will not take it cause it happened on the job. I just need some answers being the Dr.'s don't know.
Workers Comp. said there is nothing they can do, and I will have to just move on and get another job.
Is this against the law, or could someone point in an the right direction to take action.

tjr5150

Workers comp stopped paying you, and said your fine? I take it your doctor gave you an impairiment rating? You get a rating, they stop paying you, you get a final addmission of liability, you sign it and are awarded so much money for your rating. I would also call your states department of labor and speak to the worker's comp division, there is always things you can do, apply for a division IME(independent medical exam). A IME doctor can exam you and say your either at MMI(maxium medical improvement) or you are not. Alot of times what the IME doctor says go's, if you dissagre with him then you start the process over. I'm am just speaking from experience, I had for surgeries over the course of 3yrs and came to the conclusion that all the surgeries and theraphy was not gonna work.. Hope that helps you some.

beage

Thank you for getting back to me :)

tjr5150 said:
Workers comp stopped paying you, and said your fine?

I am not sure he gave me a impairiment rating. Unless he put it in his final report to Workers Comp. He did however tell me that I should go to another Dr. and he doesn't know what my problem is. Although he see's everything my leg does like shaking, and is weak to the point where I can't walk without falling.
I will give New Jersey states department of labor a call though. Thank you in pointing in that direction. :)
Maybe I could finaly get some answers from them. My Lawyer filed a lawsuit with Worker's Comp., but he told me he can't finalize it until I get another opion from another Dr.

tjr5150 said:
I'm am just speaking from experience, I had for surgeries over the course of 3yrs and came to the conclusion that all the surgeries and theraphy was not gonna work.. Hope that helps you some.

How did your case go?
Did you find out what was wrong with your problem?
It is not so much the money for me, I just like to know why I can't walk anymore, cause I will walk again.

tjr5150

How did your case go? Did you find out what was wrong with your problem? It is not so much the money for me said:
All the muscles and tendons in my right foot had shrunk over a period
of time due to not being able to use it. Had tendon's cut and lenghten
twice and still it did not work. I now have a limp for life and will always have pain after a few hours of being on it. Although I can't do alot of things I use
to, I have come to deal with it..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">