• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what happened after I stole from walmart

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

swtapril53

What is the name of your state?Texas
I was caught shoplifting around $15 worth of stuff at Wal-Mart. What happened was I put the stuff in my purse paid for my oilchange in my car and proceeded to the door. I was with a friend who had stolen some makeup and things as well. Anyways as we got halfway out the door 3 people rushed up and one showed a badge and asked us to follow him inside. We went to their little office and they asked us for their merchandise. We took the things out of our purses and then they asked for our ID's. They were filling out paperwork and my friends phone keep ringing cause she was supposed to go pick up her son from his dad so he could go back to work. Well she asked them what she was supposed to do cause she had to pick up her son and they told her she should have thought about that before cause we were going to have to wait till the police got there. So we are there and they asked us for our SSN and if we had tattoos and took our picture and a picture of the stuff we stole with our ID's beside the items. Then the cop arrives...well he asks us who's going to be able to get us out of jail and who is going to pick up her kid. You know he scares the crap out of us rightfully! Anyways he ends up just giving us a ticket for petty theft, and we were told we would have to go to court within the next ten days and pay the ticket which would be about $300. He asked my friend if she had a job and she said no then he asked me and I said no and this cop started in on me saying I was a lazy ass person living off my husband and that he should kick me out! That pissed me off he has no clue or right to be in my personal life he should do his job and that's it! Anyways we signed the ticket and a paper stating we will not enter Wal-Mart ever again. Wal-Mart then had us a paper stating they will be charging us in civil court as well and will receive papers on the matter in the mail. So I went to the counties municipal court yesterday. I get in there and walk up to a clerk she types something's in and goes to get the original ticket and asks me how I want to take care of it. I asked what my options were and she said to plead innocent and go to court, plead guilty or no contest and pay the fine, or do deferred adjudication which means the judge will set some probation requests a fine amount and I will be on probation for however long then the ticket will be dismissed. So I did that and am now waiting for the judge to approve or deny the adjudication and a kist of demands I guess. Now the friend that was with me went to court with me and her ticket was not there, weird well it gets weirder. Her ticket isn't there and she asks why if mine was and they said they don't know and to call a number they gave her. She calls this number and they tell her that her ticket is the only one missing in that number sequence from that officer! So know they tell her to call that cop and see what's going on cause the officer has 2 yrs to turn in a ticket! 2 years what kind of crap is that if we had 10 days to appear in court he should have 10 days to turn his ticket in or it should be dismissed. So this cop either liked her or something which isn't right cause he should uphold the law and that's it not pick and choose who he thinks should not get in trouble. No offense to anyone on this site if your a cop but that's why some cops have that god like complex!

Son of Slam

swtapril53 said:
they asked us for our SSN and if we had tattoos ...and this cop started in on me saying I was a lazy ass person ... That pissed me off.... he should uphold the law and that's it not pick and choose who he thinks should not get in trouble. ...that's why some cops have that god like complex!
Someday that teardrop tat on your face will look soo nice.

IMPORTANT: READ CAREFULLY - Son of Slam comments are provided solely to reform, chastise, or replace existing opinions. Inasmuch, SOS holds no title to said SOS comments IF SOS comments are used only for non-profitable thought enhancement. Any other use of SOS comments are strictly forbidden without the expressed written permission of SOS. In so obtaining said permission you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set forth in binding contract. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, you may not copy, repeat, modify, think, or in any way use SOS comments. Once contracted, unless you acquired the SOS comments on external media, you may make a single copy of the SOS comments solely for archival purposes or rethinking of the SOS comments in the same context that the SOS comments were previously expressed. SOS retains all right, title, and interest in and to the SOS comments. All rights not granted are reserved by SOS. THE LIMITED WARRANTY (IF ANY) INCLUDED IN THE APPLICABLE SOS COMMENTS APPLIES TO THE SOS COMMENTS PROVIDED THE SOS COMMENTS HAVE BEEN LICENSED BY YOU WITHIN THE TERM OF THE LIMITED WARRANTY OF THE APPLICABLE SOS COMMENTS IF APPLICABLE.

Curt581

You're right.

The cop should have kept his comments to himself....

He should also have arrested you, taken you to the County Jail, and charged you criminally with Retail Theft instead of giving you a break with a measly ticket.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">