• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need help re: harrassment and threats

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Waterman

A friend recommended this forum to me - I'm hoping you can help me.

I live in Canada. I had a disagreement with an individual (who lives in Dallas, Texas) in a discussion forum back in January 2005. Since then, he has continued to send me harrassing and threatening emails. He has also included another few people on his hit list since they originally came to my defense.

Back in May, we managed to get his ISP Earthlink to suspend his email account due to having broken their TOS. They have since reinstated his account. The emails resumed. Sporadically, but resumed nonetheless. All the while, we all collectively ignored him hoping he would go away. No luck.

This morning, I received 2 emails from him in which he wrote detailed and explicit descriptions of how he is raping my 11 year old daughter.

I would like to ask you for your advice on how I can deal with this effectively. This is very troubling and I do need to solve the problem as soon as possible.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Just Blue

Waterman said:
A friend recommended this forum to me - I'm hoping you can help me.

I live in Canada. I had a disagreement with an individual (who lives in Dallas, Texas) in a discussion forum back in January 2005. Since then, he has continued to send me harrassing and threatening emails. He has also included another few people on his hit list since they originally came to my defense.

Back in May, we managed to get his ISP Earthlink to suspend his email account due to having broken their TOS. They have since reinstated his account. The emails resumed. Sporadically, but resumed nonetheless. All the while, we all collectively ignored him hoping he would go away. No luck.

This morning, I received 2 emails from him in which he wrote detailed and explicit descriptions of how he is raping my 11 year old daughter.

I would like to ask you for your advice on how I can deal with this effectively. This is very troubling and I do need to solve the problem as soon as possible.

Thank you in advance for your help.

You need to take these e-mails to the police in your town...today!...The Canadian Border is not that far from Texas to a nut like this!
Good Luck...and keep us posted on what happens...

bay

Waterman

Thank you for the quick reply, bay. I called my local police dept this morning and told me I should be dealing with their "Tech Crime" dept. But I am going to have to wait until Monday as they are not in on weekends.

Vito

Waterman

I have just received 2 more emails from this sicko. He is now apologizing, claiming that alcohol made him make those posts. I don't buy it, as he has had a history of Jekkyl/Hyde behavior with me over the last 11 months, and I have succumbed to his apologies in the past, only to be attacked again.

In his second email, he has offered to make a public apology in a public forum (where we are both members).

Here's my question. Should I take him up on his offer? Will an apology in a public forum solidify my case against him? My ultimate goal is to see him behind bars for uttering rape threats towards a minor. Will the public post add weight to my legal case against him?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">