• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

my former employer told my recent employer why i was fired. HELP!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ambops2006

I live in Minnesota & i am also under 18.

So here's the story...
I was fired from my last job. Someone had been stealing from the company so my boss fired almost everyone on the team. There was no proof of me stealing, but they fired me anyway. Then, i found a new job next door to my old employer. I heard that you don't have to put down your last job so i didn't (because i was afraid they would ask me why i was fired and i didn't really have a good reason considering i didn't steal anything). My old boss came over to my new job and told my manager all about what happened and i was fired that night after i clocked out after only 3 days of work. He asked me a few questions about what happened over at my old job so i told him what was up and that they had no proof of me stealing but he fired me anyway.

I have really 2 questions i need answered: :confused:
1) Do you have to put all of your last jobs down on an application?
2) Is it legal to discuss why i was fired with another place of employment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">