• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Drivers license suspened

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Daunting

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? New York
I have a few speeding violations coming up in NY but I am moving to AZ in one month. What can I do if I cannot make the court dates to defend myself? I will have a total of three violations pending soon, two in Nassau county and one in suffolk county.
Also if my license was suspended in NY, would it be legal for me to drive in AZ? Would I be able to apply for an Arizona license?

Last edited:

gawm

pay the fines or they will suspend your license. if your new york license gets suspended you WILL NOT be able to get one in Arizona

sukharev

You can try to shift the court dates up, moving is a valid reason to request earlier date - call the courts to find out how to do this. You may even get lucky and the cop would not show up, so don't pay up just yet. FYI, if you pay up all 3 tickets, you may possibly be up for suspension of your license, and in deep **** when trying to get AZ one.

Of course, you can also try the opposite - get the AZ license now, then pay up and hope it does not get your new license revoked. Look up AZ rules for out of state violations (points assessed, violation type transferred, insurance implications). You may be up for a bunch of surprizes if you don't handle it right.

P.S. 7 years ago, I had a ticket on LIE, got it dismissed when used a lawyer, did not even have to show up. It's been a long while, but I still have the lawyer's name, you can try him out if interested. I just got his name from yellow pages.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">