• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Laws concering sex with a minor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Adonna

What is the name of your state? Missouri

I am faced with a difficult situation. A student of mine has admitted to me that he is gay. He is 17. He also has stated that he has had sex with an older man before, and it has reached him through a rumor that this older man may be HIV positive. He is worried that he may be HIV positive and I am encouraging him to get tested.

I would like to know what action, if any could be brought against this older man he has had sex with. Is this considered statutory rape? Could anything else be done about this if is it proven that my student got infected by this person?

Serious replies only, please. Thanks

Post in Juvie Law you will get a lot more responses. I don't know the laws in this case. However, I don't believe you can trace who may have infected the student. Good luck to you and your student people need someone they can turn to and I am glad there are still teachers like you.

Two Bit

Whether or not there are charges that can be filed will depend on your state's laws. One factor here is the age that the boy was when the acts occured.

One thing that may be an issue is your state's mandatory reporting law. You may be under a legal obligation to report this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">