• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wrongful termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dawn Osborne

What is the name of your state?WA
For the last year I have been battling with uterine fibroids ( heavy bleeding & severe pelvic/abdominal pain and anemia).I have been to the E.R several times, many doctor's visits which they have faxed over to my employer on numerious occasions excusing me from work. I have undergone one surgery and 30 days later I had alot more reproduce. I have now been bleeding for 55 days straight. My employer wrote me up for my attendance 3 times. The last incident was on Nov 4,05. On 10-17-05 I ended up again in E.R and was given the rest of that week off per doctor. When I arrived back to work my manager was on my case about me missing work and suggested I take FMLA. I agreed with her and made another date to have a different procedure to remove these uterine fibroids and told manager I would be in the hospital 2-3 days then recovering 4-6 weeks. She was fine with what I told her of the surgery date on Nov 17,05. Mean while here it is 10-31-05 and I went into work and 2 hrs later I had severe pain and heavy bleeding I ask if I could go home but needed a ride home cause I had taken a pain pill.She said she couldnt but would call ambulance.A fellow co-worker ended up taking me home.That afternoon I called my doctor and was told to stay home and he would have the nurse fax over a note excusing me from work on 1st,2nd then on the 3rd I still couldnt get up.Talked with the doctor and once again had the nurse fax over again a note excusing me for 3rd and 4th.On Monday the 7th they terminated me because my doctors note didnt get over in a timely fashion.

Beth3

1. How long have you worked there?

2. How many employees does this company have at the site at which you worked and within a 75-mile radius?

3. Have you worked at least 1,250 hours in the past 12 months?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">