• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

High Speed Pursuit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

drpepper lover

What is the name of your state?OK

When is it illegal for cops to not utilize sirens during a high speed pursuit? I was cited by an officer who blew by me at an extremely high rate of speed (I was going 72) with only his lights on. When I did see him beside me, in a knee jerk reaction, I swerved over to the shoulder. He later apparently had another cop come in front of me, slow down until I finally pulled to the shoulder. I asked him what was going on and I was told to wait for the other officer to complete what he was doing and he would "deal" with me. I was cited for driving in a manner not proper or reasonable. This was in the daytime in the middle of nowhere on my way to Texas. Anyone aware of the laws pertaining to this are? Almost a $200 ticket!!! :eek:

sukharev

Look up exact statute you were charged with. If it's a basic speed law, then you have a good possibility of having it dismissed in court (provided speed limit was 65).

drpepper lover

Where to find statute?

I would be happy to do that, just don't even know where to start to find that statute. Any ideas of where to go, please let me know. Thanks!! :D

sukharev

On your ticket, you should see a number of some sort, under "offense" or "violation" or something like that. You can try to search online for OK traffic law (on DMV site or state webpage, for example). It's often called Code or statute or chapter or paragraph. If you don't find it anywhere, just reply listing all of the info on your ticket (except personal info).

drpepper lover

looking :)

Ok, I will dig through the mess in my car for the ticket and do a search today and, if unsuccessful, will post info on it. Thanks so much :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">