• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

pulled over cop didn't use lights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pinecity1

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? minnesota
I WAS RECENTLY PULLED OVER BY AN OFFICER WHO KNOWS ME, BUT WHAT I AM WONDERING IS WAS I REALLY PULLED OVER AND IS THE TICKET VALID?
THE OFFICER FOLLOWED ME INTO THE PARK WHERE I LIVE FOLLOWED ME TO MY DRIVEWAY, I PROCEEDED TO GET OUT OF MY VEHICLE WHEN HE CALLED ME OVER AND SAID HE WAS GIVING ME A TICKET FOR DRIVING AFTER REVOCATION. HE NEVER TURNED ON HIS LIGHTS AND HE NEVER EVEN GOT OUT OF HIS CAR. I AM WONDERING HOW THIS WORKS, DOES HE NEED TO TURN HIS LIGHTS ON OR NOT? I HAVE TWO WITNESSES THAT CAN VALIDATE THIS ALSO. THANK YOU

CdwJava

You knew he was an officer and he detained you.

If I see a person commiting a crime I don't have to run back to my car and turn on the lights. The lights are a way to compel you to stop and advising you to yield to their authority. Detaining you in person is the same sort of thing.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">