• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I'M DESPERATE

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JeremyWo

About three years ago i won a small claims court in the amount of about $2800 dollars due to a so called friend wrecking my motorcycle. After I got every excuse in the book from him why he couldn't pay me, I filed an execution-where the police went to his house to collect property of his. The Officer said their was nothing that he could take. I tried again two months later but recieved the same result. Then the friend who I'll call John joined the ARMY. So I lost track of him. His parents would tell me nothing, Army recruiters claimed they had no listing and, I checked with a lawyer and paid him $200 dollars to due something about it and he basically made a couple of phone calls and said he couldn't find him. So I attempted to do some of this myself. Finally just a few months ago I found him, thanks to the Internet. I have everything I have all the paperwork, reciepts, address, SS#, his bosses name, and anything else you can think of. Basically he isn't going to get away. I decided to send a letter letting him know that I was still looking for my $$$$, and I gave him my address and phone number and told him to contact me in a certain amount of days. I made sure that I sent it priority so he would have to sign when he got it. And then I recieved a reciept in the mail whith his signature saying that he had got it. After no phone call I called his Seargent to let him know and see if he had any advice for me and I gave him my phone #. Later that day the seargant called me and told me that John didn't know anything about this. So I asked if I could talk to him on speaker phone while the Seargant was present and he let me. Then john confessed and acted like he had forgotten. john then told me he would take care of it and call me within 7 days. Still he never called back. So again I sent a letter telling him I would accept $2000 dollars up front or he could make payments over a years time. I basically made up a contract and let him know to sign it and send it back with the first payment or to at least call me so we could work something out. Still no phone call. And here I am now. I have tried everything and I have been nice to him the whole time I don't know what else to do. So do you have any advice or know who I would talk to about garnishing wages in the military. Please at this point I am open to any suggestions. Thank You for taking the time to help me. THANK YOU!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">