• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Terminated

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

APS612

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Texas

While discussing a complaint with the Employee Relations person I was told the phone conversation was confidential. however, my calls are always recorded by our company phone system which also includes my computer screen during the call. My boss had access and listened to the confidential call between Employee Relations and myself. She sent in screen shots of my computer during the call. Which resulted in my being terminated. What she sent was a single shot of a short conversation online between a legal advisor and myself. I was terminated using that screen shot due to having a conversation about my case. Yes, I was told not to speak to anyone, but I felt it was in my best interest to question my legal rights.

Beth3

I was terminated using that screen shot due to having a conversation about my case. What "case" are you referring to?

Yes, I was told not to speak to anyone, but I felt it was in my best interest to question my legal rights. Who told you that and was it said as part of an investigation the company was conducting into whatever this "case" is?

What she sent was a single shot of a short conversation online between a legal advisor and myself. FYI, an employee relations/HR person is not a legal advisor. They may well be familiar with the particulars of employment laws but that is an entirely different matter than being a legal advisor (i.e. an attorney.) Your conversation with the ER person was not protected by any privacy laws or the confidentiality standards that apply if you are speaking to an attorney. (I'm not excusing your boss's behavior; just explaining the facts if you were assuming your conversation with the ER person was protected in some way.)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">