• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

bogus ticket lying cop b.s.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

roedl

What is the name of your state?illinois

ok so i was pulling out of a local teen hang out (a parking lot accross from church) and i see this car drive thru the intersection a block away with out stopping i ignor it and leave the lot as soon as i turn on to the road i see lights so i drive around to the school parking lot and wait for the poilce officer who yells at me and shines his light has me turn off my car in 40 degree weather a leave the window down so after 15 minutes of waiting and listing to him yell at me he gets out and says cute driving askes for my lincesnse regestration, ect... which i give to him he take half an hour to process it and when he comes back he say ok i'm give you this for a squealing tires and i said i didn't squeal em and their where 3 guys standing at the pull out not 10 feet from my car to prove it and he said if your gonna be argumentave i'll give you one for speeding, reckless driving, endangermen, and bad regestration. so i say i wasn't speeding i never went over 30 and the limits 35 i wasn't endangering anyone there wasn't anyone around to endanger (on the road not the parking lot) and reckless how was i reckless i didn't swearve, drive in the wrong lane, or anything like that. he said well now you did and then mentioned my regestration which was for my previous car but the dmv had given it to use under the understanding it was legal so i told him i could produce the proper papers i knew i had them. he said he had no time (probably cause he spent it all holding me up), but he then told me all i had to do was pay the fine and i'd get my linsince back.

that being said he was over a hundred yards away when he said i squealed my tires with his windows up (it was cold) and i was in gravel plus my car has carburtor problems so it impossible for my to squeal my tires

does any one know the laws about squealing tires/whether or not he could pull me over for this? help me please i'm 17 and they could take my lincense

sukharev

Oh, man, those guys would teach you some manners :D

First advice: Ignore irrelevant comments, and focus on what you need.

Second advice: list all charges you got, one by one, with code article number (or statute), then your comment on whether you agree with it or not. Please, separate those clearly in your reply.

Third advice: you are right, and can defend yourself in court. Just because you are 17 does not mean you are automatically guilty of everything officer can think of. If you had witnesses, that will help, too, just as long as they are capable of handling themselves in court (be respectful to judge, stay on point and be truthful and trustworthy).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">