• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mother-in-law to be adding false charges:

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kathy Rankin

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?California
My son is being charged with Misdemeanor Domestic Violence, which he doesn't having a problem admitting to.
But, his wife's mother added spousal rape and I don't know what else to the initial report.

My son has Bpd, which is the feeling of 'chronic aloneness'. It's a disease which they don't quite know exactly how to fix yet. Ever since his Granma passed away when he was in fourth grade, I've had a hell of a time trying to keep this kid hopeful about life. This last situation has almost done him in. He knows he has problems and he's willing to work on them if he has help. I don't mean help by incarceration. This last time they strapped him in 'the chair', then a while later they put him in a straight jacket, naked, alone in a room for a very long time. People with Bpd need a little more help than folks without it. Now he knows just how truly evil people will be.

These two kids love each other like crazy, still. Kelly won't stand up to her mom like she should. She lets herself be led. Plus she likes playing the victim role, just like her mom. But, she's young and can unlearn that. This lady is trying to totally ruin my son's life. I need to make her back off legally and let Kelly do what she needs to do. She wants Jake to go to anger management classes, which he'll do. But, he needs her by his side without the mom's constant badgering, belittling, etc.

My son isn't a bad person. He does bad things sometimes. But, I raised him pretty much without Dad because he is incarcerated for life. So, he never got taught by a man, those things and behaviors Dad's teach sons. But, his heart is good. He deserves such a better shot at his life, than to be doomed so young. He fights the feeling of hopelessness daily all by himself and now with this outside situation he REALLY feels hopeless, plus he's without his soulmate.

What charge can I bring against the mom that will actually do some good and make her back off of my sons life? I don't want to harrass her.

xylene

???

Kathy Rankin said:
But, his wife's mother added spousal rape and I don't know what else to the initial report.
Is she the DA? How did she add charges? I don't understand? Did she claim to be raped by your son. If you mean that she CONVINCED her daughter to report rape, well... If she convinced her to perjure herself and/or make false statements, then time will tell. Also NONE of this points to a healthy love...

What charge can I bring against the mom that will actually do some good and make her back off of my sons life? I don't want to harrass her.
If she has commited a crime against you then report it. If you don't want to be GUILTY of harasmens, then don't file false charges against her.

JETX

Kathy Rankin said:
What charge can I bring against the mom that will actually do some good and make her back off of my sons life?
Assuming that your son is an adult, there is NOTHING you can do. In fact, you have NO standing at all in this issue.

Kane

There's nothing you can do, except hire a lawyer for your son. Mother-in-laws don't file charges, prosecutors do. If he's been charged with rape, it's because of something somebody who was there said to the police, not because of anything the mother-in-law has done.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">