• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fired for too much fun

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

abrooks210

What is the name of your state? kansas

two of my friends and I were horsing around after close at work. it was a girl and another guy, we were picking on the girl and took her bra off through the sleeve of her shirt. her shirt didn't come off and there was no touching of her chest. she knew that we were playing around and she didn't mind. there is a group of us that pick on each other and play around and it doesn't mean anything. well my girlfriend found out about it and told the store manager, she informed the owner about it and me and the other guy was fired for sexuall harassment. the thing is the girl didn't care about it and she told the store manager that, there wasn't a complete investigation and that was that.
when we informed the store manager that another guy did the exact same thing the night before, all was done was a off the record write up for tickling her. the funning thing is everyone in the store does stuff like that, they say comments and do things. this elder lady maybe 50 spanks my butt and they laugh at it. almost a year ago the same lady and another lady about the same age pined my on the floor in the back and proceeded to take my pants off and the same store manager laughed about it, when i asked her what was the difference she staited she didn't remember.
please help is there anything we can do about it. any advice would help

BelizeBreeze

abrooks210 said:

two of my friends and I were horsing around after close at work. it was a girl and another guy, we were picking on the girl and took her bra off through the sleeve of her shirt. her shirt didn't come off and there was no touching of her chest. she knew that we were playing around and she didn't mind. there is a group of us that pick on each other and play around and it doesn't mean anything. well my girlfriend found out about it and told the store manager, she informed the owner about it and me and the other guy was fired for sexuall harassment. the thing is the girl didn't care about it and she told the store manager that, there wasn't a complete investigation and that was that.
when we informed the store manager that another guy did the exact same thing the night before, all was done was a off the record write up for tickling her. the funning thing is everyone in the store does stuff like that, they say comments and do things. this elder lady maybe 50 spanks my butt and they laugh at it. almost a year ago the same lady and another lady about the same age pined my on the floor in the back and proceeded to take my pants off and the same store manager laughed about it, when i asked her what was the difference she staited she didn't remember.
Any advice? Yes, look for another job and keep your hands to yourself. Not only are you immature but could have cost your employer everything they have worked for.

gawm

abrooks210 said:

two of my friends and I were horsing around after close at work. it was a girl and another guy, we were picking on the girl and took her bra off through the sleeve of her shirt. her shirt didn't come off and there was no touching of her chest. she knew that we were playing around and she didn't mind. there is a group of us that pick on each other and play around and it doesn't mean anything. well my girlfriend found out about it and told the store manager,

i'd get a new girlfriend!

Beth3

abrooks210 said:

This is a joke, right? If it's not, you're an idiot and so is everyone else you work with.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
No, there is nothing you can do about it. What you did was unbelieveable inappropriate and your company has the right to fire you for it, regardless of whether she "minded" or not.

Firing you was not only legal, it is the most appropriate response to your behavior I can think of.

Gadfly

What happens when the girl who "didn't mind" thinks about it?

1. Grow up.
2. Those kinds of activities (while fun) are TOTALLY out of place in a work location even it the business is closed.
3. Get a new girlfrined. She clearly has issues.
4. Get a new job and never, never, never do anything like that again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">