• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speed trap in Kona, HI

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kona19

What is the name of your state? Hawaii

Was having a good time on vacation in Kona when I encountered a slow moving car on our 2 lane highway. When I overtook the vehicle, that vehicle immediately turned on its hidden blue light sirens and pulled me over for a ticket.

I am a resident of Hawaii and live on another island. The cop presented me with 3 options: 1) Pay the fine, 2) Go to court or 3) write a letter to the judge with an explanation.

Does anyone know if the letter to the Judge option is successful in reducing fines or changing charges to No Point violation?

Thanks

HomeGuru

kona19 said:
What is the name of your state? Hawaii

Was having a good time on vacation in Kona when I encountered a slow moving car on our 2 lane highway. When I overtook the vehicle, that vehicle immediately turned on its hidden blue light sirens and pulled me over for a ticket.

I am a resident of Hawaii and live on another island. The cop presented me with 3 options: 1) Pay the fine, 2) Go to court or 3) write a letter to the judge with an explanation.

Does anyone know if the letter to the Judge option is successful in reducing fines or changing charges to No Point violation?

Thanks

**A: not really since fines are used in some part to pay for gas subsidy on those gas guzzling SUV's those Kona cops drive. Did the offense occur on Hamakua Highway, Saddle Road or?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">