• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

truck delivery

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MARY MARTIN 100

cipherus said:
would it be legal to put in your will that a truckload of manure be delivered to someones house?
Yes. But, the homeowner has a right to refuse the "gift." Back to square one, again.

M

cipherus

aah, but it would still be funny. my best friend is deserving of such decisions in his life should he out live me... the *******.

thanks.

Lillie Labia

cipherus said:
aah, but it would still be funny. my best friend is deserving of such decisions in his life should he out live me... the *******.

thanks.

Okay. Let's examine this a little closer.

You're dead.

Two months later, after Probate has closed, a large dump truck drives up to your friend's house. The driver walks up the driveway, and knocks on your friend's door. Your friend answers the door, and stares with a quizzed look on his face at the driver. The driver says, "Uh, hey Mack . . . where do you want the manure dumped?"

Your friend says, "There's been a mistake. I didn't order any manure, and I don't want any. Now, go away."

See, it takes only a minute to assess the situation and say "No" to a gift. For your part, it would take much, much, longer to write it into your Will and then to have someone make the truck and manure arrangements, and then pay for it all.

I think the joke would be on you, and your Estate.

Yours respectfully,

Lillie Labia

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">